For copies of patient medical records or to make an appointment with Atlantic Eye Institute (custodian of patient records), please call 904-503-5318.
Beaches Eye Center and Dr. Ten Hulzen would like to thank our patients for entrusting us with their vision care these last 9 years.
Dr. Richard Ten Hulzen uses advanced diagnostic treatment and surgical techniques on patients of all ages, performing anything from a complete eye exam to surgery for cataracts and glaucoma.
- Pediatrics, adults and seniors
- Same day, on-time appointments
- Open 9am to 5pm, Monday through Friday
- Services included under most health care plans (no vision plan needed)
Download our patient questionnaire (.pdf) before your visit.
A full range of services
"We offer the full-spectrum of available intraocular lenses, including monofocal, toric, and multifocal intraocular lenses to provide you with the best possible vision. We want to help our patients meet their lifestyle goals of being able to see better without glasses."
-Dr. Ten Hulzen
Cutting edge surgical procedures, lenses, & devices
• Dr. Ten Hulzen performs cataract surgery using the latest technologies including laser. Learn more about the LenSx.• Premium intraocular lenses that provide a continuous, full-range of high-quality vision with reduced astigmatism and freedom from having to wear glasses are offered. Learn more about the Tecnis Symfony and Symfony Toric IOLs.
• Patients with co-existing mild- to moderate open angle glaucoma can have have a minimally-invasive glaucoma surgical procecure done at the same time as cataract surgery to help lower and control the intraocular pressure. Learn more about the Glaukos iStent.
- Complete eye exams
- Cataract surgery (conventional and laser-assisted)
- Including premium/advanced technology monofocal, toric, & multifocal lenses
- Evaluate and treat nearly all eye disorders
- Cosmetic and reconstructive procedures (blepharoplasty of lids, Botox, etc.)
- Prescription for glasses / contacts
- Full-spectrum glaucoma care (both medical and surgical diagnosis and treatment)
"Everything’s brighter. Everything’s clearer. Everything’s crisper. It’s a new world for me. The doctor basically gave me my life back."
Dr. Richard Ten Hulzen
Dr. Ten Hulzen is a fellowship-trained, board-certified ophthalmologist (eye physician and surgeon). He earned his medical degree from Mayo Medical School in Rochester, Minnesota (home of the world-famous Mayo Clinic) and remained there four more years for his ophthalmology residency. He then completed a glaucoma fellowship at Wills Eye Hospital in Philadelphia, PA.Education
- Nebraska Wesleyan University (BS, Biology & Philosophy, with honors)
- Mayo Medical School (Doctor of Medicine—Rochester, MN)
- Mayo Clinic (Ophthalmology Residency)
- Wills Eye Hospital (Clinical & Surgical Fellowship in Glaucoma--Philadelphia, PA)
Dr. Ten Hulzen is an active fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, American Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgery, American Medical Association, Florida Medical Association, and Mayo Alumni Association.Awards
- Patients' Choice Award (2014)
- On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
- Beaches #1 Favorite Ophthalmologist (2015)
What our patients are saying:
“I trust this man implicitly.” (D.M.)
“I want you to know how happy I am that you are in this profession. I prayed for God to find a way to fix his eyes and to not let him go blind. This surgery has been an answer to my prayer.” (M.C.)
“My deepest appreciation, gratitude and thanks for all the professional care I have received from you. Your manner, skills, warmth & compassion have been of the highest level.” (M.F.)
“Great eye care center. Dr. Ten Hulzen is very thorough, answered all my questions and explained my condition in a comprehensive manner. The staff is excellent. I highly recommend this practice.” (A.R.)
“My eye is like being reborn. Things look GREAT now!” (J.H.)
“I want to thank you so very much for finding out my eye problem and correcting it. I was so blessed to have been guided to you & now I can see clearly again.” (D.H.)
“Words are too few to express our gratitude for the care you gave our mother. We cannot thank you enough.” (M.A.)
“Dr.Ten Hulzen is perfect in his ophthalmic field. My intraocular pressure in both eyes is controlled. My cataract operation was done 8 months ago and eyesight is excellent after it.” (K.G.)
“You do honor to the Hippocratic Oath. It is a privilege to be your patient.” (D.A.)
“I just wanted to tell you how happy my husband & I were with your services. He has been seeing eye doctors for years and NEVER had such a thorough exam. We were so impressed.” (L.M.)
“He explained very thoroughly what was happening.” (L.C.)
Beaches Eye Center is located in the Links Professional Building, just across the street from Baptist Beaches Hospital.
Want to pay your bill online? Click Here.